Spring for many of us is the most beautiful time of year. After weeks full of icy cold, snow and dark days we can’t wait to feel the first warm rays of sunshine on our faces, to hear the birds singing and watch nature reawakening. While spring in Germany is taking its time, you can already enjoy it to the fullest on our favourite Canary Island.
An Unique Spectacle of Nature
In Santiago del Teide you get a special kind of spring fever:
At the foot of the volcano Teide an unique natural spectacle is waiting for you. The almond trees blossom! A sea of white and rosy blossoms extends as far as the eye can see. There are numerous hiking trails which invite you to enjoy the landscape. If you prefer to be more comfortable, you can also have a walk through the amazing almond trees. You have the opportunity to be enchanted by the almond blossoms in Santiago del Teide until the end of March.
Santiago del Teide celebrates the almond blossoms: Teneriffa goes white!
Due to the pink nature spectacle, Santiago del Teide presents a program that revolves around the fruit of these colorful trees. On the weekends from January 23 to February 20, the following highlights are offered:
Activities & Tours for the “Almonds Blossom 2016”
- Sale of local products on the marketplace from 08:00 – 17:00 clock
- Presentation of the latest Almonds Blossom Event 2015
- Exhibitions of agricultural objects and traditional military uniforms
- Lecture “The Almond, a treasure to be discovered” (reservation required, see below)
- Guided route to the blossoming almond trees (reservation required, see below)
- Guided family excursion called “Almond Trees & Volcanoes” (reservation required, see below)
- Open Day at Casona del Patios stables
- Guided tour to the almond blossom (appointment necessary; see below)
- Hound show at 11.00 clock
- Wine tasting in Casano del Patio
- Open Day at Hotel Patio del Casano
- Grain threshing in the traditional way
- Workshop for baking with almonds in Casano del Patio
Using the following number, you may register for the tours mentioned above: 0034 – 922 863 127 – 236
The Most Beautiful Picture
Please don´t forget your camera because whoever takes the most beautiful picture of the “almendros en flor” wins! You can personally present your most amazing photo of the almond blossoms in the town hall of Santiago del Teide.
You also can send it by post to:
Ayuntamiento de Santiago del Teide
XVIII Concurso de Fotografía „Almendro en Flor“
Calle La Placeta 10
38690 Santiago del Teide
Be inspired by the magic of the almond blossoms! And take an unique photo of them!
For more information about the photo competition, go to the official website of Santiago del Teide.
How to Get to Santiago del Teide:
- By bus:
The bus line 325 goes from Puerto de la Cruz to Santiago del Teide:
PUERTO DE LA CRUZ -> A. LOS GIGANTES – POR ICOD DE LOS VINOS
The exact travel times can be found at the official website of TITSA.
- By car:
Leaving from Puerto de la Cruz you take the TF-312. Drive on the motorway TF-5 in the direction of Los Realejos/Icod. After about 25 kilometres take exit TF-82.