Filling out our online placement test gives us the possibility to grade the groups according to the students’ previous knowledge. This ensures that all students work within their abilities and feel comfortable within the group. As a complete beginner you don't have to do the test and will automatically be placed in the beginners group.
Our school offers 5 levels of learning in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Basic user (A1) - at this level the student is able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Basic user (A2) - at this level the student is able to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Desribe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Independent user (B1) – at this level the student is able to:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Intermediate (B2) - at this level the student is able to:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
- Explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Proficient user (C1) – at this level the student is able to:
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of grammar, connectors and appropriate vocabulary.
Prices and Dates
Terms and Conditions
Spanish Certificate DELE
Comments of Participants