Terms and Conditions 2013
Registration, Payment and Booking Procedure
On receipt of the registration form we will send you confirmation of your place on the selected course and an invoice for the fees.
To confirm your booking you should pay 20% of the total amount (minimum payment 150€) within 7 days of receiving the invoice. The final payment must be made three weeks before the beginning of the course.
If you have booked shared student apartment or Homestay accommodation with us we will include this cost in the invoice. For Private Apartments or Fincas we ask you to pay in cash at the FU International Academy reception desk when you arrive.
How can I pay?
After receiving confirmation of your booking please send the deposit. If you prefer, you may pay the full amount for the course and the accommodation at the time of registration. The cost of the course and accommodation must be paid in full at least 3 weeks before the date of your arrival.
Please pay by one of these methods:
1. Make a bank transfer using the information given below. All transfers must clearly indicate the applicant's full name and invoice number so that he or she can be easily identified for future reference.
ACCOUNT HOLDER: Formación FU S.L.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 2100 6971 50 2200057914
IBAN: ES16 2100 6971 5022 0005 7914
2. Pay by VISA or MASTERCARD using the application form via e-mail, mail or fax and please be sure to state the exact amount that you are authorizing us to charge to your credit card.
FU International Academy will not pay any bank charges and if they are outstanding at the start of the course you will be asked to pay them. When we receive the payment or the payment confirmation we will confirm the reservation and send all the necessary information before the student's arrival.
All cancellations must be made in writing. The cancellation date will be the date on which the FU International Academy receives the written cancellation. We strongly recommend that you arrange insurance cover to protect yourself against the possibility of cancellation due to illness or accident
Cancellation Fees (course and accommodation)
Up to 30 days before the beginning of the course:
Deposit (minimum €150)
29 days to 14 days before the beginning of the course:
50% of full payment
14 days notice or less
100% of full payment
Tuition or accommodation fees are not refundable if a participant arrives late or wishes to leave a course that has already started or leaves accommodation that has already been occupied.
The FU International Academy will not refund any fees due to absence or illness. The student must pay a €50 administration fee for each request for changing the course or the accommodation.
The school's insurance provides cover for accident/injury on the school premises only. Students are not insured by the FU International Academy against illness, theft, damage or loss of personal effects and the FU International Academy accepts no responsibility in the event of such an occurrence. Personal insurance for the duration of your stay is therefore essential.
As an EU citizen you may be entitled to free medical treatment in Spain (please check before leaving your country). However, students are strongly recommended to take out full travel, health, money and baggage insurance in advance. EU nationals should also bring their EU Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Form E 111.
The Academy is closed on public holidays: January 1st and 7th, March 28th and 29th, May 1st and 30th, August 15th, November 1st, December 6th, 25th 2013.
Generally classes on these days are not made up. If two public holidays fall in the same week, then classes from one day will be made up. We are open all year, including at Easter, Christmas and New Year except on the public holidays as specified above.
Students from EU countries do not need a visa to enter Spain. Students from non-EU countries may need a visa and should check with their nearest Spanish Embassy before booking. We will refund all prepaid money minus €150 for administration costs, on all visa refusals. You must send us official written proof of the visa refusal from the Embassy, otherwise no refund will be made.
- Inscription fee: 45€. This includes the weekly leisure activities, internet access, a Spanish course certificate and a grammar workbook. Additional material or books used in the course are not included in the registration fee and can be hired or bought.
- The content of individual classes, or groups of two, will be based on topics covered in the standard Cervantes Institute curriculum. If classes are requested for specific topics e.g. economic, social, medical or cultural issues, extra costs may apply but the student will be informed in advance.
- FU International Academy reserves the right to refuse admission, or dismiss a student, in the event of misconduct, unsatisfactory attendance or unsatisfactory work, without a refund of fees.
- Travel, examination fees and the cost of weekend activities are not included in the price.
- Absence from classes: In the group lessons, and courses for two students, missed classes will not be made up under any circumstances. For individual lessons students may make up a class but only by prior arrangement with the Academy.
- If you have come to us through an agent, their terms and conditions may apply to you; FU International Academy reserves the right to apply our own terms.
- If there are only one or two students enrolled on a group course the course will normally still take place, however, we will reduce the course time to 75% (two students) or to 50% (one student) of the group time. FU International Academy decides if the course will take place in the morning or in the afternoon. This also refers to individual lessons.
- Our groups usually have a maximum of 10 students.
- If the school is closed due to meteorological warnings, the classes will neither be held nor be made up at a later date.
- Students in FU International Academy shared apartment accommodation must leave a copy of their ID or Passport and pay €50 deposit on arrival, This will be retained for the duration of the stay. When the student checks out and the apartment is seen to be clean and tidy, and there is no damage to the fixtures and fittings, and provided that the house rules have been followed, the deposit will be returned.
- Weekly basis: check-in on Sundays, check-out on Saturdays. There are no discounts if the stay is less than a week - the full week must always be paid for.
Prices and Dates
Terms and Conditions
Spanish Certificate DELE
Comments of Participants