Learning Spanish Is Easy with YouTube Videos and Courses!
Have you ever thought about learning Spanish with YouTube?
Learning Spanish with YouTube is one of the easiest and free ways to study Spanish!
You’ve probably used YouTube for education without realizing it. Have you ever watched a tutorial for a makeup look or how to get through a level on a game? We already know videos can be useful for teaching us something so why not Spanish?
YouTube has become an empire of educational resources, which includes lots of tools to learn Spanish. However, there are so many sources it can be hard to tell which are the videos which can help you. So we’ve put together a list of all the best resources for learning Spanish on YouTube.
Why Learn Spanish on YouTube?
First of all, you might be asking why would I learn Spanish with YouTube?
Here is a list of the key reasons why after this article you should head straight to start improving your Spanish on YouTube:
- Learning Spanish on YouTube is convenient. Since you can watch YouTube from any device with an internet connection, you can use it to learn Spanish anytime and anywhere. It’s easy to fit into even the busiest schedule. This also means you can pause and rewind as often as you like, with no judgment.
- There are also a wide array of videos for any level, learner and topic of interest. Beginners can dive in with travel Spanish or learn the foundations first. More advanced learners can focus on specific grammar rules. Just enter your interest in the search bar, and you’ll find plenty of videos!
- You might already have books or structured lessons in a classroom, but it’s always a good idea to diversify your language learning diet with multiple sources.
- Say what you will, but the best Spanish learning content on YouTube is actually really good. The need to compete with the rest of YouTube has forced these teachers to elevate their game.
- Plus, it’s free!
How to learn Spanish on YouTube
What are your options?
- Learning channels offer videos that are specifically designed to help you learn Spanish. Learning channels are an ideal choice for any beginning Spanish student since they generally offer a more structured approach to learning. However, more advanced students can also benefit from picking and choosing lessons on topics they’re struggling with.
- Different types of subtitled videos, like subtitled dubs of your favorite cartoons, can help you practice your Spanish. Videos subtitled in Spanish, English or both can be particularly helpful for beginning students since you can refer to the subtitles if you can’t understand a word.
- Watching content from Spain or Spanish speaking countries is a great way to listen to native speakers. By listening to your favorite Spanish-language YouTube channels often you will increase your learning exponentially. It’s ideal to watch every day. This way, you build from your previous day’s learning without forgetting too much information between sessions.
Mix and match channels to help you understand Spanish in different contexts. Particularly when you’re just starting to learn Spanish, it can be difficult to understand it outside of the one context you’re familiar with. Using a variety of YouTube channels will help you practice Spanish in a variety of contexts, which will make your skills more adaptable and flexible for any situation you might encounter.
For beginners, the comments sections of learning videos are a great place to ask content-specific questions. If you’re learning Spanish independently, this additional support from other learners can be just what you need to drive you towards greater fluency. For more advanced learners, comments sections can be a great place to practice reading and writing in Spanish.
Top Tips to Enhance Your Spanish
- Use a learning channel that provides authentic content like the list below
- Watch Spanish videos with subtitles
- Try different channels to see what you like best. So don’t stay on the first channel you see. Look around and try different YouTubers.
- Watch Spanish videos about any topic you can think of to understand the language in various contexts
- Re-watch the videos often to get a feeling for the language. Download it on your phone or your laptop to watch it on the bus, train, park etc.
- Exchange experiences with other users on the same page. Maybe they can help you or vice versa
13 Best YouTube Channels to Learn Spanish
This channel combines studying the Spanish language with Spanish music – no surprise it is on top of our list. Next to vocabulary and grammar exercises there are lots of Spanish songs with their lyrics written down and the English translations. Once you get a little tired or exhausted of the exercises you can switch to the fun song part and still keep practicing and improving your skills.
Butterfly Spanish covers almost everything there is to learn about the Spanish language.
Ana, your tutor in this channel, is a native speaker, lives in a Spanish speaking country and studied linguistics. In her videos, she teaches grammar, vocabulary, phrases and pronunciation and will show you exactly how native speakers talk. She knows all about the different specialties of Mexican Spanish, Latin American Spanish and Spanish in Spain. There are topics for beginner, intermediates and advanced Spanish students.
3. Señor Jordan
Señor Jordan teaches Spanish in a fun way. He provides videos for different speaking levels and topics. His videos are short, catchy and very entertaining. For example, he wrote a song for the irregular form of the first person. If you listen to it often you will soon get it stuck in your head and the first person will be no longer be a problem for you.
As you might have gathered from the name, this channel is taught all in Spanish. There are Spanish subtitles and a few English ones as well. Next to grammar, vocab and quotes you will be taught about daily life and the main customs of Spain. The tutor provides more exercises on a website and you can also take Skype and online Spanish classes with her regardless of your level.
CultureAlley is a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching various languages from scratch. Thankfully, Spanish is among the featured languages. The lessons are numbered, so it’s easy to follow them in order. Explanations are in English, so this is a great way for Spanish students to learn the basics of the language.
The Spanish Dude Jordan is actually not a native speaker and knows what it feels like to struggle with learning the Spanish language as he used to even fail his Spanish courses in high school. After he studied abroad and traveled Spain and South America he fell in love with the Spanish language: studying, practicing, talking. He now wants you to love it too and that is how he structures his videos: simple and fun!
The channel Augustin Iruela is hosted by VideoEle. Practice videos for the levels A1, A2, B1 and B2 are provided. The videos contain subtitles. Transcripts, the didactic guides and the solutions of the activities are accessible for free under their website.
SpanishPod101 introduces the Spanish culture by talking about topics like languages, Spanish holidays and fiestas, hobbies, staying fit and relaxing. Of course all in Spanish. The videos are with English and Spanish subtitles. Also, they are great quality and are about 2 to 4 minutes long.
You will get facts, and quizzes throughout the videos to help your learning. The teachers often repeat their phrases a bit slower for you to repeat. If you are interested in learning Mexican Spanish then this is a channel for you! SpanishPod101 also has videos dedicated to Mexican Spanish.
9. Easy Spanish
The videos of Easy Spanish mainly consist of street conversations of Spanish native speakers. This is why the channel is perfect to get to know the local language, culture and real-life situations. It is hosted by Juan Coronado, who posts two new videos every week. You will for sure stay busy if you subscribe to this channel!
Practiquemos.com gives you access to free Spanish exercises, PDFs and MP3s. To make your study experience perfect the equivalent YouTube channel provides you with videos to learn Spanish as well. Catalina Moreno E., the host of the page, has been teaching Spanish for more than a decade, which makes her an absolute expert in what she does.
11. Pro Spanish
Learn Spanish offers a selection of different videos which mostly aim at helping you improve your grammar and vocabulary. Explanations are provided in English to make it easier for you to understand the rules. Many videos also use printed words to help you read along, and others feature an adorable and helpful two-year-old who might be the best Spanish tutor you’ll ever have!
12. Spanish Dict
In the Spanish Dict channel images and charts are used to visualize new vocabulary and concepts. This will make it more easy for you to remember everything you learn. In extension to the videos, there are flashcards, quizzes and speaking and writing exercises available on the website spanishdict.com.
Learn Spanish step by step is a great channel for beginners to start with learning the language. It contains mini-courses such as “Learn Spanish in 5 days” and vocabulary sessions concerning certain topics, like animals, giving directions and so on. Grammar videos also focus on beginner students. It is a great way to start with to move on to a more complex channel later on.