Learning Spanish Is Easy with YouTube Videos and Courses!
Have you ever thought about learning Spanish with Youtube?
Learning Spanish with Youtube is one of the easiest and free ways to study Spanish!
You’ve probably used Youtube for education without realizing it. Have you ever watched a tutorial for a makeup look or how to get through a level on a game? We already know videos can be useful for teaching us something so why not Spanish?
Youtube has become an empire of educational resources, which includes lots of tools to learn Spanish. However, there are so many sources it can be hard to tell which are the videos which can help you. So we’ve put together a list of all the best resources for learning Spanish on Youtube.
Why Learn Spanish on YouTube?
First of all, you might be asking why would I learn Spanish with Youtube?
Here is a list of the key reasons why after this article you should head straight to start improving your Spanish on Youtube:
- Learning Spanish on YouTube is convenient. Since you can watch YouTube from any device with an internet connection, you can use it to learn Spanish anytime and anywhere. It’s easy to fit into even the busiest schedule. This also means you can pause and rewind as often as you like, with no judgment.
- There are also a wide array of videos for any level, learner and topic of interest. Beginners can dive in with travel Spanish or learn the foundations first. More advanced learners can focus on specific grammar rules. Just enter your interest in the search bar, and you’ll find plenty of videos!
- You might already have books or structured lessons in a classroom, but it’s always a good idea to diversify your language learning diet with multiple sources.
- Say what you will, but the best Spanish learning content on YouTube is actually really good. The need to compete with the rest of YouTube has forced these teachers to elevate their game.
- Plus, it’s free!
How to learn Spanish on YouTube
What are your options?
- Learning channels offer videos that are specifically designed to help you learn Spanish. Learning channels are an ideal choice for any beginning Spanish student since they generally offer a more structured approach to learning. However, more advanced students can also benefit from picking and choosing lessons on topics they’re struggling with.
- Different types of subtitled videos, like subtitled dubs of your favorite cartoons, can help you practice your Spanish. Videos subtitled in Spanish, English or both can be particularly helpful for beginning students since you can refer to the subtitles if you can’t understand a word.
- Watching content from Spain or Spanish speaking countries is a great way to listen to native speakers. By listening to your favorite Spanish-language YouTube channels often you will increase your learning exponentially. It’s ideal to watch every day. This way, you build from your previous day’s learning without forgetting too much information between sessions.
Mix and match channels to help you understand Spanish in different contexts. Particularly when you’re just starting to learn Spanish, it can be difficult to understand it outside of the one context you’re familiar with. Using a variety of YouTube channels will help you practice Spanish in a variety of contexts, which will make your skills more adaptable and flexible for any situation you might encounter.
For beginners, the comments sections of learning videos are a great place to ask content-specific questions. If you’re learning Spanish independently, this additional support from other learners can be just what you need to drive you towards greater fluency. For more advanced learners, comments sections can be a great place to practice reading and writing in Spanish.
Top Tips to Enhance Your Spanish
- Use a learning channel that provides authentic content like the list below
- Watch Spanish videos with subtitles
- Try different channels to see what you like best. So don’t stay on the first channel you see. Look around and try different Youtubers.
- Watch Spanish videos about any topic you can think of to understand the language in various contexts
- Re-watch the videos often to get a feeling for the language. Download it on your phone or your laptop to watch it on the bus, train, park etc.
- Exchange experiences with other users on the same page. Maybe they can help you or vice versa
17 Best YouTube Channels to Learn Spanish
This channel is perfect for advanced beginner stage and above. Web Spanish uses Skype to stay in contact with its users and to answer questions as fast as possible. You’ll learn Spanish with actors who are playing different roles like a policeman or a tour guide. We are sure that you’ll chuckle most of the time but we also promise that you’ll learn something.
They also use images which makes it possible for you to memorize special keywords and phrases from the video much easier. The videos are entirely in Spanish and there are no subtitles. But the people are speaking in a slow to moderate speed. They want to make sure that you understand everything.
SpanishPod101 introduces the Spanish culture by talking about topics like languages, Spanish holidays and fiestas, hobbies, staying fit and relaxing. Of course all in Spanish. The videos are with English and Spanish subtitles. Also, they are great quality and are about 2 to 4 minutes long.
You will get facts, and quizzes throughout the videos to help your learning. The teachers often repeat their phrases a bit slower for you to repeat. If you are interested in learning Mexican Spanish then this is a channel for you! SpanishPod101 also has videos dedicated to Mexican Spanish.
Señor Jordan teaches Spanish in a fun way. He provides videos for different speaking levels and topics. His videos are short, catchy and very entertaining. For example, he wrote a song for the irregular form of the first person. If you listen to it often you will soon get it stuck in your head and the first person will be no longer be a problem for you.
Learn Spanish offers a selection of different videos which mostly aim at helping you improve your grammar and vocabulary. Explanations are provided in English to make it easier for you to understand the rules. Many videos also use printed words to help you read along, and others feature an adorable and helpful two-year-old who might be the best Spanish tutor you’ll ever have!
CultureAlley is a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching various languages from scratch. Thankfully, Spanish is among the featured languages. The lessons are numbered, so it’s easy to follow them in order. Explanations are in English, so this is a great way for Spanish students to learn the basics of the language.
FluentU’s Spanish YouTube channel focuses on providing lessons on basic grammar rules, verb conjugations, and vocabulary. The videos are brief and offer Spanish-language audio that’s slow and clear. With dozens of videos available, there’s plenty of learning material to launch your Spanish education!
In fact, FluentU provides tools that can take you from beginner all the way through to fluency!
Spanish Lessons Paco offers animated lessons that are designed to be both entertaining and educational. Since the lessons are numbered, it’s easy to start learning Spanish with no prior knowledge. Lessons seamlessly mix written Spanish, spoken Spanish and English, so it will be easy for early beginners to follow along.
Fastbreak Spanish offers over 20 learning videos. Most of these videos focus on helping you develop conversational skills through grammar lessons and drills. Additionally, English-language descriptions of basic rules will make it easy for beginning students to learn basic Spanish skills here.
This YouTube channel offers Spanish-language news clips on events happening around the world. Not only is watching this channel a great way to pick up general Spanish vocabulary, but it’s also a helpful way to stay on top of what’s happening in the world today.
VICE’s Spanish-language channel offers news stories as well as segments on music, food, and culture. The balance of different topics makes it easy to select videos based on your interests. While some of the material may be advanced for beginning Spanish students, if you select a topic that interests you, you can increase your exposure to the language and follow what’s going on based on the visual cues.
Translating as “United Nations Video,” this channel offers Spanish-language videos covering major issues throughout the world. Once again, these videos are intended for native Spanish speakers, so the Spanish is authentic. Perfect for practicing Spanish and learning about world news.
Spanish sessions is a learning channel with the added bonus of Spanish subtitles. The videos explain basic Spanish grammar rules entirely in Spanish, while the subtitles also provide the written Spanish words. This is a great way to immerse yourself in Spanish without feeling overwhelmed.
Telemundo is an authentic Spanish resource. The videos are from TV shows aired on the Telemundo network. However, many of the videos also offer English subtitles. This way, beginners can watch Spanish-language show clips with the added support of having the English words at the tips of their fingers.
If learning the different Spanish Dialects has you confused then this is the channel for you! Professor Jason’s video explains the differences in regional Spanish, so this is a great way to introduce beginners to these differences.
ElrubiusOMG is a Spanish YouTuber known for his vlogs and videos on video games. If you want to learn Castilian Spanish, elrubiusOMG is a good option. While beginners are unlikely to understand the videos, Spanish subtitling is also available for additional support. Regardless of whether you understand all the words, though, even beginners will notice some differences in pronunciation between Castilian and Latin American Spanish.
Please note, however, that elrubiusOMG uses adult language, so if this offends you, you might want to avoid this channel.
Yuya is Mexican beauty blogger. If you’re looking to understand Mexican Spanish, Yuya’s videos are a good choice. While her rate of speech is fairly fast, she also speaks quite clearly. Plus, many of her videos are tutorials, so you can follow what she’s doing even if you don’t understand every word. Her tips might even make you change up your beauty routine!
Want to use YouTube to practice different regional variations of Spanish? Check out VidStatsx for lists of the most popular YouTube channels by country. There’s a nice selection of countries available, so this is a great way to find your next favorite YouTube channel!
Well, there you have it, the ultimate list of useful Spanish resources on YouTube. YouTube is a great way to improve your Spanish however if you really want to become fluent consider taking a Spanish course.
Immersion in YouTube Spanish is great but it’s no substitute for learning in a Spanish speaking country with real natives speakers. So why not visit us here at FU International Academy Tenerife to finally become fluent in Spanish!